Chiropractors work with the body's ability to adapt and function the way it is designed to. Chiropractic care in pregnancy is vital to the normal physiological function of both the mother and baby in pregnancy and birth. Here are the potential benefits of getting gentle chiropractic care while pregnant:
In the mother:
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bony structures, muscles and ligaments.
- Removes torsion of the ligaments that support the uterus thus potentially reducing aberrant tension to the woman's uterus.
- Reduces interference to the other's vital nerve system which controls and co-ordinaties all of her systems and functions.
- By improving maternal function, we are decreasing the potential for unnecessary interventions.
To the infant:
- Reduces interference to the mother's nerve system allowing for better baby development.
- Pelvic balance allows the baby greater room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine and other skeletal structures.
- Offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth.
- With proper fetal positioning, there is a significant decrease in dystocia/difficulty and the resulting birth trauma caused by interventions.
Dr. Jodi recommends getting checked regularly while pregnant, especially in the second and third trimester when more pressure is being put on your ligaments, hips and body. Pregnant moms love chiropractic care! Call us for more information!
Please check out our ongoing events and talks section to learn more about our "Doula and Doc Talks" to help you if you are wanting to get pregnant, are pregnant or preparing for another child! See you there!